Do You Need Help Paying for Heat?
The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) can help.
- LIHEAP opens November 2, 2020 . Three kinds of assistance are available:
- LIHEAP Cash: Cash grants from $200 to $1000 to help with a heating bill.
- LIHEAP Crisis: Pays up to $800 to stop a shut-off of utility service, get service turned back on, or get fuel if a household is out of fuel or will soon run out of fuel. For people without heat or about to lose heat.
- LIHEAP Crisis “Interface”: Free home repair or replacement services for people without heat.
Do You Qualify?
- Most households who are within the income limits and are responsible for heat costs can get LIHEAP. Homeowners and most renters can get LIHEAP. The income limit is 150% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines:
|Household Size||Monthly Income||Yearly Income|
For each additional person add $6,720 per year
- Apply online at: WWW.COMPASS.STATE.PA.US/
- Call the LIHEAP Hotline at 1-866-857-7095 to request an application.
- Submit an application at the LIHEAP office or your local welfare office.
- Mail or fax or walk in your application to the LIHEAP office.
1348 W. Sedgley Avenue (near Broad and Allegheny)
Philadelphia, PA 19132
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- You will need:
- Names, Dates of Birth, and Proofs of Income for all household members
- A recent heating bill
Tips for Applying to LIHEAP Crisis
- Tell the LIHEAP office that you have no heat or are about to lose your heat
- If the LIHEAP office already has your application, CALL the LIHEAP office at 215-560-1583 and tell them you have no heat or are about to lose your heat
Tips for Applying to LIHEAP Crisis Interface
- Write “I Need Crisis Interface” on top of your application
- If the LIHEAP office already has your application, CALL the LIHEAP office at 215-560-1583 and tell them you need Crisis Interface
- A repair specialist will contact you in 48 hours after calling