If your request for legal assistance or your case concerned an issue that is eligible for funding or was funded by the Pennsylvania State Department of Human Services (State DHS), you have certain rights and responsibilities, listed below.
- The right to request Title XX services.
- The right to have an application form completed by this program within 10 calendar days from the date of a service request.
- The right to an eligibility determination within 30 days from the date the application form is dated and signed.
- The right to be notified on eligibility and service decisions.
- The right to appear and have a Department of Human Services fair hearing.
- The right to continue to receive service if a timely appeal is filed until the fair hearing decision is rendered.
- The responsibility to provide true and complete information to enable this program to establish eligibility.
- The responsibility to report to this program any subsequent changes in circumstances which may change your eligibility such as address, family size, PA Medical Assistance card status or income.
- The responsibility to provide documentation of eligibility related items as a condition for receiving and continuing to remain eligible for Title XX services.
If you disagree with Community Legal Services, Inc.’s decision not to represent you, or if you have a complaint about the manner or quality of services provided by CLS staff, you can use CLS’s Grievance Procedure. Using the CLS grievance procedure does not waive (take away) your right to request a DHS fair hearing for state-funded cases as described above.