What you need to know
Every household that receives SNAP will get extra benefits, called “Emergency Allotments” (EAs), in the second half of the month. EAs are to help with food costs during the pandemic.
- Before now, EAs were only going to households that did not get the maximum SNAP benefits for their family size. Those EAs will remain the same for nearly all households.
- As a result of a lawsuit Community Legal Services settled with USDA, EAs will now also go to households that receive the maximum benefit.
Will I get extra SNAP benefits?
YES, everyone who receives SNAP will receive an Emergency Allotment (EA). The EA amount you get depends on 1) your household size, and 2) if you are already getting the maximum benefit amount for your household (see chart).
- If the SNAP benefits you got in the first half of September were less than the maximum amount for your household size, your EA will bring you up to the maximum benefit.
- For example, if you are a 3-person household and got $200 in SNAP, you will get $458 to bring you up to the $658 maximum benefit.
- If you got the maximum SNAP benefit amount for your household size in the first half of September, you will get an EA of $95.
- No extra paperwork is needed. You will get your EA automatically.
When will I get my Emergency Allotment?
The date your extra SNAP benefits will be put on your EBT card is based on the last number of your Case Record Number. To find your September payment date:
- Find the last number (0-9) of your Record Number on a DHS notice or using MyCOMPASS online.
- Find your number on the top row of the chart below.
- For example: If your record number ends in 5, you will get your extra SNAP benefits on September 22.
Note: EAs are tied to the federal Public Health Emergency, which has currently been extended through October, 2022.. If the PHE is extended further, we will update this page. Make sure the CAO has your correct income and knows your housing costs, child care costs, and medical expenses (if you are 60+ or disabled), to get the most SNAP you can after EAs end.
|Extra SNAP Benefits Issuance Day|
|Last Digit of your Record #||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||0|
|You will receive your extra payment this day of September, 2022||16||19||20||21||22||23||26||27||28||29|
Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefit by Household Size
(Oct 1 2021-Sept 30 2022)
|Household Size||Maximum Benefit|
|Each add’l member||$188|