If you get SNAP, you may get extra benefits on your EBT card to help buy food during the COVID-19 crisis. Only those who were not getting the maximum SNAP benefit will get these extra benefits (called a “SNAP supplement”). The extra amount will bring households who get a partial benefit up to the maximum amount for their household size (see chart at right).
Will I get extra SNAP benefits?
Yes, if you:
- Got SNAP in March or in the first half of April
- Are not already getting the maximum SNAP amount for your household size. For example:
- If you are a 3 person household and currently get $200 per month, you will get $309 to bring you up to the maximum benefit ($509) for a household of 3.
- If you already get the maximum benefit for your household size, you will not get an extra benefit. get the maximum.
When will I get the extra SNAP benefits?
- The extra SNAP dollars will be received in one payment.
- Using the example above:
- If you got SNAP in March and April and are a 3 person household, you will get an extra $618 in benefits ($309 for both March and April) in one payment
- If you got SNAP in April only and are a 3 person household, you will get an extra $309 in benefits for April in one payment.
- The extra SNAP will be loaded to your EBT card during the 3rd and 4th weeks of April based on the payment chart below. Your payment date is based on the last digit of your case record number.
- Find the final digit (0-9) of your record number on a DHS notice, or using your MyCOMPASS Account online. Find your number on the top row of the chart below.
- For example, if your record number ends in 5, you’ll get your extra SNAP benefits on April 22.
|Extra SNAP Benefits Issuance Day|
|Last Digit of your Record #||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||0|
|You will receive your payment this day of April, 2020||16||17||20||21||22||23||24||27||28||29|
Will I need to turn in paper work or apply to get the extra SNAP benefits?
No. You don’t need to fill out extra paper work. The extra SNAP benefits will be added to your EBT card and you’ll be able to use it just like regular SNAP.
This extra benefit is a result of the “Families First Act” (H.R. 6201), which was signed into law on March 18, 2020
Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefit by Household Size
|Household Size||Maximum Benefit|
|Each add’l member||$146|