Extra SNAP benefits are now available for the second half of July!
If you get SNAP, you may get extra benefits on your EBT card to help buy food during the COVID-19 crisis. Only those who were not getting the maximum SNAP benefit will get this “Emergency Allotment (EA). USDA has told states that the EA can continue on a month-to-month basis so long as the federal public health emergency declaration remains in effect. The EA will bring households who get a partial benefit up to the maximum amount for their household size (see chart at right).
Will I get extra SNAP benefits?
Yes, if you:
- Got SNAP in July.
- Are not already getting the maximum SNAP amount for your household size. For example:
- If you are a 3 person household and currently get $200 per month, you will get $309 to bring you up to the maximum benefit ($509) for a household of 3.
- If you already get the maximum benefit for your household size, you will not get an extra benefit. get the maximum.
When will I get the extra SNAP benefits?
- The extra SNAP dollars will be received in the second half of July.
- Using the example above: If you got SNAP in July and are a 3-person household, you will get an extra $309 in benefits.
- The extra SNAP will be loaded to your EBT card during the second half of July based on the payment chart below. Your payment date is based on the last digit of your case record number.
- Find the final digit (0-9) of your record number on a DHS notice, or using your MyCOMPASS Account online. Find your number on the top row of the chart below.
- For example, if your record number ends in 5, you’ll get your extra SNAP benefits on July 23.
|Extra SNAP Benefits Issuance Day|
|Last Digit of your Record #||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||0|
|You will receive your payment this day of July, 2020||17||20||21||22||23||24||27||28||29||30|
Will I need to turn in paper work or apply to get the extra SNAP benefits?
No. You don’t need to fill out extra paper work. The extra SNAP benefits will be added to your EBT card and you’ll be able to use it just like regular SNAP.
This extra benefit is a result of the “Families First Act” (H.R. 6201), which was signed into law on March 18, 2020
Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefit by Household Size
|Household Size||Maximum Benefit|
|Each add’l member||$146|