What you need to know
Every household that receives SNAP will get extra benefits, called “Emergency Allotments” (EAs), in the second half of the month. EAs are to help with food costs during the pandemic
Will I get extra SNAP benefits?
YES, everyone who receives SNAP will receive an Emergency Allotment (EA). The EA amount you get depends on 1) your household size, and 2) if you are already getting the maximum benefit amount for your household (see chart).
- If the SNAP benefits you got in the first half of January were less than the maximum amount for your household size, your EA will bring you up to the maximum benefit.
- For example, if you are a 3-person household and got $200 in SNAP, you will get $540 to bring you up to the $740 maximum benefit.
- If you got the maximum SNAP benefit amount for your household size in the first half of January, you will get an EA of $95.
- No extra paperwork is needed. You will get your EA automatically.
When will I get my Emergency Allotment?
The date your extra SNAP benefits will be put on your EBT card is based on the last number of your Case Record Number. To find your November payment date:
- Find the last number (0-9) of your Record Number on a DHS notice or using MyCOMPASS online.
- Find your number on the top row of the chart below.
- For example: If your record number ends in 5, you will get your extra SNAP benefits on January 24.
Extra SNAP Ending February 2023: EAs will be ending in February 2023. Starting in March 2023, you will only get your regular SNAP payment loaded onto your EBT card in the first half of the month. There will be no second payment later in the month. Click here to find out what you can do to keep receiving the maximum SNAP you are eligible for.
|Extra SNAP Benefits Issuance Day|
|Last Digit of your Record #||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||0|
|You will receive your extra payment this day of December, 2022||18||19||20||21||24||25||26||27||28||31|
UPDATED Maximum Monthly SNAP Benefit by Household Size
(Oct 1 2022-Sept 30 2023)
|Household Size||Maximum Benefit|
|Each add’l person||$211|