The City of Philadelphia is now sponsoring BenePhilly Centers, whose counselors will help city residents figure out what benefits they’re eligible for and help them apply. The benefits include SNAP (food stamps) and health insurance, but also federal, state, and city tax credits, including the City homestead exemption. Counselors can also help with student financial aid and utilities issues.
To learn more about the program, visit http://sharedprosperityphila.org/city-of-philadelphia-opens-benephilly-centers/
The full list of BenePhilly Center locations are as follows:
- Catholic Social Services, Casa Del Carmen, 4400 North Reese Street, Philadelphia, PA 19140;
- People’s Emergency Center, in the Families First building, 3939 Warren Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104;
- Philadelphia FIGHT, 1233 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102;
- Project HOME, 1515 Fairmount Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19130;
- Utilities Emergency Services Fund, 1617 JFK Blvd, Suite 840, Philadelphia, PA 19103; and
- United Communities Southeast Philadelphia, in the Houston Center, 2029 S. 8th Street, Philadelphia, PA 19148.
For hours of operation, to schedule an appointment or to receive assistance over the phone, please call 844-848-4376, or refer to the BenePhilly flyer