CLS’ Housing Unit assists low-income tenants living in public and subsidized housing, including PHA public housing, Section 8 voucher, Section 8 project-based, HUD, private public housing, and Tax Credit housing in the City of Philadelphia. Areas of assistance include:
• Termination from the Section 8 program
• Disability accommodations
• Admissions advice
• Rent Calculation and utility allowance problems
• Repair problems
• Some emergency transfers
• PHA grievance hearings
• Domestic violence and sexual assault-related housing issues
• Other Issues involving public and subsidized housing, such as adding or removing family members from a lease or re-certification issues.
What we can do:
If you come to our office for help, please bring any documentation that is relevant to your case, including your lease, receipts, court papers, communication from your landlord or PHA/Section 8, etc.
Due to capacity issues, CLS staff are sometimes not able to see all new walk-in clients on a given day. If this is the case, you may be asked for your contact information for a phone follow-up about your issue.
How to get help:
Landlord Tenant Help Center
Philadelphia Municipal Court
1339 Chestnut St. 10th Floor
Monday through Thursday
9:30am - 2pm
Live 11am-7pm Monday - Friday
Leave message 24 hours. All messages will be returned within 24-48 hours.
Emergency messages left over the weekend will be returned within 24 hours.