Site Tools

Current Size: 100%

Home Repair

Home Repair

Some home improvement loans contain abusive terms that could end up causing you to lose your home. CLS can provide legal advice to homeowners who are considering taking out a home repair loan. We can also refer homeowners to a nonprofit housing counselor.

You can also contact the Housing Counseling Program of the City of Philadelphia’s Office of Housing and Community Development 215-686-9749

If you are facing foreclosure on a home repair loan, see the Foreclosure page of this website.

What we can do: 

CLS provides legal advice to homeowners about disputes with home repair contractors. CLS does not generally provide legal representation in these cases. Home repair disputes can sometimes be resolved in small claims court without a lawyer.

How to get help:

Walk-in Intake

Community Legal Services
North Philadelphia Law Center

1410 West Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Monday, Wednesday, Friday
9:00 am -12:00 pm