Starting May 11, 2020, the Department of Human Services will accept applications for its new cash assistance program called the Emergency Cash Assistance Program.
The Emergency Cash Assistance Program will provide one-time cash grants to families who qualify. This could be helpful while you are waiting for your Unemployment Compensation to start.
You might qualify if:
- You have children or are a pregnant woman.
- You were working as of March 11, 2020.
- You lost more than 50% of your earnings due to COVID-19.
- You have savings of less than $1,000.
- Your household income is below 150% of the federal poverty level.
|Household Size||Monthly Income Limit||One Time Grant Amount|
This program will end July 12 or sooner if the funds have been spent so apply right away!
If you apply and are denied, Community Legal Services may be able to help. If you live in Philadelphia, call CLS at (215) 981-3700.
If you live in other parts of Pennsylvania, call Pennsylvania Legal Aid Network at 1-800-322-7572 or find your local legal aid program at palegalaid.net.