Site Tools



CLS’ Energy Unit handles disputes with PECO, PGW, and the Water Revenue Bureau (WRB).  If your utility service is off, you can come in for intake at either location.  You can also come in for intake if you have received letters from the city stating that your house will be sold at Sheriff’s Sale because of unpaid water bills.

If your utility service is on, but you have a dispute with a utility company and you would like some advice, you can contact our Utility Hotline at (215) 981-3746.  When you contact the hotline, you will be asked to leave a message with your name, phone number, address, and the nature of your problem.  Someone from the Energy Unit will return your call within 1 to 3 business days.

What we can do: 

You may be able to resolve your utility dispute without our assistance.  Please read the advice letters below before contacting CLS.  Please note that we do not help with telephone, cable or internet disputes.

How to get help:

Walk-in Intake

Community Legal Services
Center City Office

1424 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
9:00 am - 12:00 pm

Community Legal Services
North Philadelphia Law Center

1410 West Erie Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19140
Tuesday and Thursday
9:00 am -12:00 pm