Community Legal Services’ Housing Unit deals with housing problems that affect low income tenants living in private, public and subsidized housing (PHA, HUD, Tax Credits and Section 8) in the City of Philadelphia. These problems include:
- Unlawful lockouts and utility shut-offs by landlord aimed at evicting tenants,
Living in unsafe and unsanitary housing conditions, including getting repairs completed,
- Disability accommodations,
- Termination from Section 8 program,
- Calculation of rents and utility allowances in public and subsidized housing (PHA, HUD, Tax Credits and Section 8),
- Other Issues involving public and subsidized housing (PHA, HUD, Tax Credits and Section 8) leases including adding or removing family members and certain emergency transfers.
For more information click below
Landlord-Tenant Private Housing
Section 8 Vouchers
Section 8 Project-Based Housing
Non-PHA Public Housing
NOTE: If you have court costs or fines in Philadelphia, they could impact your public benefits, wages and/or cause a lien on your home. Click here for more information.
To apply for free legal representation, you should come in for intake at our Center City office.
For intake hours and locations click here